Monday, August 24, 2009

THE PERFECT STORM



Yesterday is Sunday and I didn’t join my husband go to St. Faith. My fren Yong@Salbiah ask me to join the P&W team to back-up singing Ps. Joseph with her, so I join them in. I miss them because we are from one team. Its just that I join my husband’s church make me seldom join them, aswell, I have join P&W team at St. Faith aswell. I miss the New Life P&W team, since I grew up with them doing many activities..well, that olden days has gone but the memories is stil with us.


Today the sermon is shared by Bro. Ernest Bong. The title is The Perfect Storm. To me its very meaningful.. as what have been stated below, you will understand why. Have time to read? So please, and enjoy.


The Perfect Storm
(Mark 4:35-41)
Why it is being called ‘Perfect’ Storm..? Because Jesus is in the storm himself with us when we face the storm of life. (Verse38). In order to face the storm of life, as a Christian, one must have 3 life jacket - that is called 3P life jackets. So, What are the 3P’s (Not ‘pee’ yah!)


1. Promise – God’s Promise
(Mark 4:35) see also Psalm 33:9, 2 Corinthian 1:20 What is God PROMISE:

i) Mark 4:35That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side."

ii) Psalm 33:9For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm

iii) 2 Corinthian 1:20For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. What GOD has PROMISE is He will be with us in every moment


2. Presence – God’s Presence
(Verse 38), see also Psalm 121:3, Isaiah 43:2-3

i) Mark 4:38Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"

ii) Psalm 121:3He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber;

iii)Isaiah 43:2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. 3 For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

When we are in Jesus, He will in full control of our life. So, there is no fear because the Almighty God is with us. God’s presence to us means PEACE and JOY. So hold on to God’s presence.


3. Power – God’s Power
(Verse 39) see also Genesis 18:14, Isaiah 59:1, Romans 8:31

i) Genesis 18:14Is anything too hard for the LORD ? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

ii) Isaiah 59:1Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear

iii) Romans 8:31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? God’s POWER give us deliverance and health.

God’s POWER give us deliverance and health. Not one can have this 3 life jackets IF THEY DON’T HAVE FAITH in JESUS or didn’t trust in JESUS. In order to have the 3P’s in our life we must ask Jesus to become MASTER in our board.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment